Hillsdale Natural Grocery
A Member-Owned Co-operative since 1971
31 N. Broad Street, Hillsdale, MI 49242
Phone (517) 439-1397
M-Th 9 am - 6 pm
Fri 9 am - 6:30 pm
Sat 9 am - 5 pm
Steering Committee Meeting
Minutes for September 10, 2001
The meeting was called to order at 7:07 pm. October's meeting will be devoted to the
General Membership Meeting program. The GMM will be held October 16.
- Store Windows: Fritz's from Spring Arbor will help us with our window designs and provide an estimate for the cost of the work.
- Estimate for the cooler and moving generator: Suzanne will look over the estimate and bring it up at the next meeting.
- Possible new board members: Darcia Daglow, Harriet Doolittle, Nancy Livingston.
- Richard's friend: Inexpensive T-shirts can be had! $5 for pre-shrunk white tees printed in one color and on one side of the shirt; each size larger will
be $1 more.
- Lease: Not completed as of yet.
- Construction: The work is going fantastically well thanks to Ken and Walt.
- Update from Pauline: Workman's Comp Insurance down to $1026 from 1300's.
- Assignments for the GMM (held in the upstairs lounge at the Methodist church)
Carolyn: Desk and signs
Richard: Nametags for board members
Keith, Richard, and Pauline: Refreshments at beginning
Susan: Minutes, copies from April 2001 GMM
Pauline: Update on store expansion, new products in the store
Pete: Financial report
Walt: Room setup
Rhonda: Introduction for the guest speaker.
- From HNG members at GMM:
- Get ideas on new products
- Suggestions for layout of new store area
- Product display ideas
- A $25 Gift Certificate will be given away at the GMM.
- Companies will donate "goodies" as samples for our munchies at October's GMM.
- Future Speaker: Joe Scrimger, organic farmer from Marlette, met with Suzanne and Richard and agreed to speak in March. He needs to be booked by January
2002. He will discuss mega-farms and GMO's. Terms in clued the 2.5-hour lecture-presentation, at $250 honorarium, $.31 per mile for gas, and an over-night stay (either a hotel or someone's home). Our goal
is to have 100 attend at $10 per ticket.
- Richard motioned to authorize and continue planning an educational outreach program at HNG on a regular basis. HNG will charge an entrance fee. Susan
seconded the motion. The motion unanimously passed.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:00 pm.