Hillsdale Natural Grocery
A Member-Owned Co-operative since 1971
31 N. Broad Street, Hillsdale, MI 49242
Phone (517) 439-1397
M-Th 9 am - 6 pm
Fri 9 am - 6:30 pm
Sat 9 am - 5 pm
Steering Committee Meeting
Minutes for January 8, 2001
The meeting was called to order at 7:10 pm. All were present. The December
2000 minutes were approved.
- Pam is seeking options to hold the price down. For example, in Jonesville copies are five cents per page.
- The newsletter could be sent to members only who attend GMN.
- The newsletter could be set out on the counter for others.
- Richard Wunsch Volunteered to call Pam to update.
- It's okay; ice cream frosts over.
- We're ordering things in small quantities.
- Suzanne is filing a complaint with the State of Michigan or Hillsdale County Inspection Department. Copies of the history papers on the freezer were sent to
the above mentioned. The cost was estimated at $1,400, but no bill yet.
- Suzanne exclaimed that the signs looked great and will go up soon if weather cooperates.
- Pauline reported that HNB has a new vacuum (a floor as well as habnd0held one); the cost was $400.
- The back door handle lock is not working.
- Computer stage one is completed. Future: Stage two will incorporate "point of sale."
- Pauline's daughter painted the bathroom.
New Business and Concerns
- No concern for more staffing at this time.
- How much has the gross increased compared to last year?
- How does HNG get members to work three hours per month? Carolyn offered to call members to see if they were willing to work.
- Third Annual Business and Industry Expo 2001 is this March. Some HNG committee members will attend and check it out for possible future participation/
- Heating problem has been solved.
- Locks need to be redone all on one key. Pauline will get an estimate.
- April 18, 2001 will be the GMM Annual Meeting. Questions that may be addressed for the meeting include:
- What is organic?
- What is GMO?
- Website publication might include meeting times as well as a copy of the monthly minutes.
Meeting was adjourned at 8:53 pm. The next meeting is February 12, 2001.
Susan F. Rathmell